We received the news on April 14th, 2009 that Sienna is a Cochlear Implant candidate. We still have a few more tests to do to make it official. She needs a CT Scan, booked for May 30th and she needs to meet with a few more specialist before we can make our decision whether this is what we want for Sienna.
We are researching as much as we can, to find out about the risks, the pros and the cons. It is not easy when this life-altering decision for our girl is placed in our hands. All I have to say is thank goodness for the Internet. I have found all sorts of information through websites, forums and blogs. I would like to thank all of you out there for sharing your stories, your trials and tribulations in regards to your child's hearing loss and cochlear implant. You have helped us out enormously, being from a small town, it is sure comforting to know that we are not alone in this process and that there is hope for our little girl to hear one day.
Sports and Cochlear Implants
1 week ago