Wednesday, December 9, 2009

All I want for Christmas … I already have!!

There’s something different about Christmas this year. I couldn’t quite figure it out until a moment of gratitude swept through me about a week ago.

It’s not about the gifts, it’s not about the stress, it’s not about the go, go go like this time of the year usually brings. This year is different for me because really the only thing that matters is our health and our family. It will be exactly 1 year on December 19th, that we found out that Sienna was deaf. What an early Christmas gift that was!! As I take a look back, I cannot believe what our family has gone through. Today, my little girl is hearing and she is walking (not 100% but it is official), and that itself is a blessing, a miracle, a gift from God. I really don’t want anything else.

I just can’t come around to the entire gift giving thing. It’s just things. Can’t we just be grateful at this time of the year for the gift of health, the gift of family, the gift of laughter? Please take this moment to really be thankful for those gifts which surrounds you. How do we teach a 2 year old and a 5 year old that Christmas is not about the gifts it’s about family? With our actions and ours words, I hope that they see it as we see it.
All I want for Christmas... I already have!
The gift of hearing!
The gift of a healthy family!

1 comment: